Summer Internships – Apply Now
Seeking college students, college graduates and professionals.
Stepping Stones Museum for Children provides interns with a unique opportunity to be a part of a creative dynamic team in a nonprofit organization. Interns assist museum staff in discovering how education, exhibits, marketing and fundraising strategies succeed.
We are now accepting summer internship applications for:
- Education: Provides exposure to planning and programming in the museum education field with a focus on program research, development and delivery.
- Evaluation: Provides exposure to key museum research and evaluation functions, including talking with visitors and observing their interactions.
- Exhibit Design: Provides exposure to key design and production functions. Interns will assist in the design and production of new and enhancement exhibit projects.
- Development: Supports all aspects of the museum’s fundraising efforts, with a special focus on prospect research, cultivation and solicitation.
- Marketing: Provides opportunities to be involved in communications initiatives impacting visibility for and visitation to the museum. As a member of the marketing team, the intern will make tangible contributions in media relations, social media, developing collateral material, market research, and other areas.
- Information Center: Provides exposure to the front office of the museum, assisting in community outreach and demonstrating the bridge between the public and the museum. The Information Center assists the museum in driving attendance for the wide variety of programming and events that take place.
- Human Resources: Provides exposure to the inner workings of the museum, assisting with staff relations and information. Strong data entry skills are recommended.