Storybook Pumpkin Contest
Noon – 1:00 pm
Bring a pumpkin decorated like a storybook character to the museum for a chance to get a gift card!
Don't have a pumpkin?
Participate in our pumpkin decorating activity ($3 material fee required) here at the museum from 10:30 – 11:30 am.
Preparing your pumpkin:
- Pumpkin must represent a children's book or book character
(Please bring the book or a picture of the cover.)
- Pumpkin cannot be carved
- Fake pumpkin or gourd may be used
- Bring your decorated pumpkin to the museum at noon on October 31 (or participate in our Pumpkin Decorating Activity from 10:30 – 11:30 am, for a $3 material fee)
- Pumpkins will be reviewed in the Multimedia Gallery by a panel of judges
- Winners will be announced at 1:00 pm on October 31 (one hour later)
- Five winners will receive a gift card
- Pumpkins cannot be left at the museum and will need to be taken home at the end of the contest
If you do not have a pumpkin to bring, there will be a pumpkin decorating activity from 10:30 – 11:30 am at the museum for a $3 material fee. Pumpkins provided by our generous supporter, Stew Leonard's.