Helpful Tips for Busy Days
The museum can seem very busy at times, particularly during inclement weather and on holidays. Although this can be a little hectic for parents, the kids have a great time!
Here are a few ‘busy day’ tips for parents:
- The museum is always busiest early in the day. Visiting after 1 pm is best if you want to avoid the crowd.
- Remember what your children are wearing. On occasion, kids and parents do become separated. Museum staff are experts at helping everyone find each other and it is especially helpful if you can tell us how your child is dressed and even show us a picture.
- Bring a change of clothes for your children if they like to splash in the water. Energy Lab can get wet and wild.
- Leave your stroller at home if you can. Stroller parking is limited and on a busy day it can be very challenging for parents and visitors with strollers trying to move through the exhibit spaces.
- Our cafe has limited seating, but there is additional seating in the Celebration Courtyard and there are picnic tables around Mathews Park if you want to eat outdoors. Just keep your admission receipt on you so that you can re-enter the museum.
Be patient and know that we are all in it together! The museum is a great resource and we are glad so many children and families are playing and learning at Stepping Stones Museum for Children.